How to be Present (in 10 mins or less)
Being present allows us to enjoy and experience our lives more fully. It relives stress, brings peace of mind, and deep contentment.
As I type this blog, I’m listening to the click-clack of computer keys and smiling because it reminds me of a horse’s hooves on pavement; click-clack, click-clack. It’s my first time noticing this sound on my computer because I’m practicing being present!
Take it from Oprah, “Being fully present in every moment is the greatest meditation I have found. It’s a prayer of praise to appreciate the now — and the best way I know to create a sense of well-being.
Below are 5 tips to Be Present (in 10 mins or less)….
1. Meditate. Take 5 to 10 minutes to sit, close your eyes, and observe your breath. It helps relieve anxiety, and connects you to your inner guidance. By meditating regularly, you become more present and develop the ability of observing your thoughts instead of your thoughts controlling you.
2. Go on walk and spend time noticing your surroundings. Breathe in the air as you walk, and notice the trees, the smells, and temperature of the air on your skin. Nature bring us into the present moment when we take time to notice what’s around us.
3. Listen to calming music. Close your eyes and get comfortable while listening the sound of whatever song is playing. Let the music in and allow it to lift your heart. One of my favorites is the “Lakmé, Flower Duet”….you can CLICK HERE to listen to it on YouTube.
4. Disconnect from technology and go outside and look up at the sky. It connects us to something bigger than ourselves (and beyond our screens) as we become aware of the vast presence of the screen of the Universe. My favorite time to do this is at night, gazing at the stars.
5. Speak to your pet. Let them know how much you appreciate them while speaking in a loving tone. Show them you care while stroking their fur in a gentle way, and verbally expressing your gratitude for having them in your life.
I’d love to hear from you….which of the 5 tips resonated with you the most? What is your favorite way to be present? Share in the comments below…
Signing off and headed outside,
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!